The new model 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado is certainly looking to compete with the most luxurious and competent SUVs in the market by developing a better exterior design and delivering impressive performance. The Toyota Land Cruiser Prado way back in 2014, and now they are back at it again with 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado. Official statements from Toyota suggest that this new crossover SUV will feature several engine modifications, along with better and upgraded elements added to it. The safety features will be revamped as well. Still, the customers will not be able to avail multiple trim variants of this model since Toyota is sticking to a single base model for this franchise.
2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado – Design Features
The Toyota Land Cruiser Prado will introduce stunning visual changes and interior modifications. The expert sources suggest that this new model will provide a combination of both modern technologies and classic sensibilities. Some of its upcoming changes include:
- A modified modern grille design with sleek LED head lights and new bumpers
- Lowered roofline with modified tailgate design and rugged sidelines
- Lightweight aluminum chassis design with carbon fiber interior upgrades
- A new version of Toyota’s Entune infotainment system
- Dual zone climate control with satellite navigation and wireless connectivity.
2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado – Engine Details
Experts have suggested that 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado will offer multiple engine choices for their customers. This implies that customers will be able to customize their powertrain specifications according to their driving habits. The possible engine choices include:
- A primary 2.7 LITER gasoline powered inline 4 cylinders engine unit is available. This setup can generate around 164 HP of max power, along with 145 lb-ft torque.
- The higher engine model consists of a 4.0 LITER VVT-I V6 cylinder unit that can produce around 271 HP of max power, along with 280 lb-ft torque.
- A third and most commonly used option consists of a 5.7 LITER V8 cylinder engine module that can effectively generate around 381 HP of max power, along with 401 lb-ft torque.
Fuel Economy and Performance
The fuel economy figures for new Toyota Land Cruiser Prado will certainly vary among its 3 potential engine choices. Still, the customers can expect an overall EPA rating of 13 MPG for city drive and around 18 MPG for the highway drive. Thus, a combined rating of 15 MPG is likely to come out of this model’s powertrain units.
As far as performance specs of this vehicle are concerned, Toyota has announced that a 6-speed automatic transmission module will come as standard for all engine models. Post production speculation suggests that an 8-speed or 9-speed gearbox might become available later.
2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado – Price and Release
The 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado is expected to hit international markets by early 2018. This is the proper time for it to come out due to a highly competitive luxury SUV market. As of its price, the customers can expect this model to cost little more compared to the predecessor.