The new model 2018 Skoda Yeti will be very attractive SUV with great performance. The Skoda has not been long in the market of luxury SUVs, and their Yeti franchise just came out with their 1st generation SUV models last year. This model, unlike its predecessor, will be built on MQB platform chassis. In addition to that, the Skoda is looking to improve this vehicle’s functionality, by making this model an all-terrain SUV. So, customers can certainly expect a more rugged looking vehicle, with powerful engine choices and an overall capable functionality.
2018 Skoda Yeti – Exterior Changes
The exterior modifications of 2018 Skoda Yeti were first introduced when this model was first released at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show. Furthermore, the major change included in this model is its platform chassis. Since it uses MQB platform, customers can expect to find a bigger vehicle with a premium layout.
In addition to that, certain changes are forthcoming in 2018 Skoda Yeti. Those include:
- A longer wheelbase design and better ground clearance
- New wider grille design up-front
- Fresh projector LED head lights and daytime running lights
- A bold and rugged layout with sharp lines, sculpted sidelines, and squared wheel arches
- Updated rear fascia with the old boxy layout which includes slim LED tail lamps.
The customers can expect various interior upgrades coming in this 2018 Skoda Yeti. Among those, certain features are quite impressive. These include:
- Modified dashboard design, with an upgraded central console featuring a 7.0-inch touch screen interface
- New panoramic sunroof layout design, with full ambient lighting
- Multi functional steering controls with wireless connectivity
- Improved safety features, including cruise control and parking rear view camera.
2018 Skoda Yeti – Engine Choices
As far as engine choices for Skoda Yeti are concerned, customers are in for a treat. The Skoda had previously announced that they will provide a large number of choices when it comes to their powertrains. Well, this model comes with 4 different engine configurations. They include:
- A 1.4 LITER TSI turbocharged gasoline model that can generate around 142 HP of max power. There are rumors that this engine might get a hybrid version during later stages of production.
- A second 1.0 LITER inline 3 cylinder turbo engine is also available that can produce around 86 HP of max power.
- A third 1.6 LITER 4 cylinder turbocharged diesel variant is present in these choices. It can offer 122 HP of max power.
- The fourth choice includes a 2.0 LITER 4 cylinder turbo diesel unit that can generate a max output of 182 HP.
All of these engine choices will be paired with 2-speed transmission options. One is a manual 6-speed gearbox, while the other is a 9-speed dual clutch DSG automatic transmission module. The standard front wheel drive train is available, along with an optional all-wheel drive setup.
2018 Skoda Yeti – Price and Release Date
Since 2018 Skoda Yeti has not yet finished production, no official figures have been released. Still, the experts suggest that this model will cost somewhere between $22,000 and $24,000, depending on its engine choice. As of its release, the customers are expecting it to come out by the end of 2017.