After releasing a 2017 refresh model, the Company is once again back to produce and release the facelifted 2018 Dodge Durango. This model will follow closely with the likeness and spec sheet of their 2016 counterpart. On top of that, customers are likely to expect certain new features as well as additional modern technology changes in this new model. Official reports suggest that Dodge has started road testing this new 2018 model, so customers can expect a 2017 release date for this new car.
2018 Dodge Durango – Design Changes
The customers will find slight design changes in this 2018 Dodge Durango. The most of these changes will include technological upgrades or quality features that have been introduced in the 2018 model. Let’s take a look at those:
- Slightly modified front grille design with Dodge’s authentic split crosshair design
- New head and tail lights with improved high beam LED control configuration
- Improved U Connect infotainment module with an 8.4-inch touch screen display setup
- Satellite navigation, adaptive steering controls, and smartphone integration will be included.
The 2018 Dodge Durango will offer 6 different trim variants. This is pretty standard when it comes to Dodge Durango vehicles since its predecessors including the 2017 refreshed model, had 6 trims. These trim models include:
- SXT Plus
- Anodized Platinum.
2018 Dodge Durango – PowerTrain Information
Dodge has already announced to news outlets worldwide that 2018 Dodge Durango will retain its original powertrain line-up. This means that this model will also offer 2 different powertrain configurations for its customers to choose from. The engine options include:
- Its standard engine consists of a 3.6 LITER V6 cylinder setup that can effectively produce around 293 HP of max power, along with 295 lbs. feet of max torque.
- An optional 5.7 LITER HEMI V8 cylinder powertrain will also be available for higher trims. This unit can generate around 360 HP of max power, along with 390 lbs. feet of max torque.
The choice of an optional engine will depend on trim variants. While the SXT, SXT Plus, and GT trims will offer only its standard V6 engine, the Dodge’s Citadel and Anodized Platinum trims will have both options to choose from. The R/T trim model will only offer the HEMI V8 engine.
Performance and Fuel Economy
The 2018 Dodge Durango has quite an impressive performance when it comes to its engine specs and fuel economy. Even though this automobile is classed as a luxury SUV, its fuel economy specs look decent. The both engines offer different EPA figures. They are:
- Its standard V6 cylinder engine offers a combined EPA rating of 19/26 mpg.
- Its optional HEMI V8 cylinder engine offers a combined EPA rating of 14/22 mpg.
Both engines are coupled with an 8-speed automatic transmission module. Customers will have a choice of opting for a rear or an all-wheel drivetrain configuration with each engine.
2018 Dodge Durango – Price and Availability Date
The newest Dodge Durango has not finished final testing phase, its officials have not yet released any information regarding its pricing. Still, the experts suggest that the SXT trim will start from $32,000 while higher trim models can cost up to $50,000. All models of this automobile will be released by the 2nd quarter of 2017.