Among many other franchise upgrades that come with a new model, the Chevrolet has recently released information regarding their latest 2018 Chevrolet Captiva. This Captiva franchise offers unique styling elements to this model in the coming year. Although Chevrolet has explicitly stated that they are not considering a new generation model for this franchise, customers can still expect modern technological upgrades as well as improved performance output from this 2018 model.
2018 Chevrolet Captiva – Available Trims:
The 2018 Chevrolet Captiva will come in all trim options that have stated for previous year’s models. In addition to that, a new trim variant will be added to this franchise with this model. The following trims will be available with the final release of this vehicle:
- Base LS.
- Sports 1LS.
- Sports 2LS.
The major visual upgrade that 2018 Chevrolet Captiva is going to receive is a range of color options for customers to choose from. In addition to that, customers can also expect a modified front fascia in this new model. The front bumper design will be modified with charcoal gray molding, making it scratch resistant.
As far as interior design changes are concerned, this model will include new tech upgrades and additions for customers. A brand new My Link infotainment module will be introduced. It includes smartphone integration, navigation facilities, and HD satellite radio. Other notable design changes include:
- Shorter length and wheelbase configuration.
- Standard 17 inch alloy wheels.
- Improved passenger head and leg room.
- Touch screen central module with new instrumentation gauges.
- Full USB integration with a trail membership to Chevrolet’s On Star entertainment system.
2018 Chevrolet Captiva – PowerTrain Details:
As of current reports, officials at Chevrolet have already stated that Chevrolet Captiva will have only one engine option.
Its engine setup consists of a 2.4 Liter inline 4 cylinders unit that can effectively produce around 182 HP of max power, along with 190 lbs. feet of max torque. Additional performance specs of this setup include:
- A standard front wheel drive train configuration is available, along with an optional all-wheel drive train setup for higher trim models.
- Acceleration is pretty impressive, offering 0-60 MPH in just 9.1 seconds in FWD and 9.7 seconds in AWD layout.
- A standard 6-speed automatic transmission module is paired with this engine.
- Fuel economy ratings look promising, offering a combined EPA figure of 19 MPG.
Price and Development:
The Chevrolet has offered no official statement when it comes to the actual pricing of this 2018 Chevrolet Captiva. Still, experts suggest that the base trim model of this car will cost $24,360, while the higher trims’ cost might exceed $35,000. As of its release date, this model is scheduled for an international release by the first quarter of 2018. More information will be available once it finishes final testing.